A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our weekend (4/26-28)

Adam took Friday off because he had a doctor appointment, and we were heading to Albia later in the morning. After his appointment, we all hopped in the truck and went to McDonald's for breakfast. After invading all the old people, we headed to the carwash...to wash the dog. Our carwash recently transformed one of the bays into a doggy spa where you can wash your pets. Genius idea that person had. Easton smelled and looked way better after Adam and Fletcher bathed her. I even petted her because she looked so nice.

When the boys were finished, we went home to pack and then to hit the road. Once we got to Albia, I asked his step-mom about the Amish market that was just outside of town. The girls loaded up and made the short drive while the boys were in the back garage working on the vehicle of the day. I've been to an Amish market before, but when there is money in my pocket (and a whiny two year old in the cart), a lot of stuff gets tossed in. I'm so excited about some of the mixes I got, and candy and spices. Uh, I could have bought way more than I did. I will be going back next time I'm in Albia.

Since the power tour is approaching, Doyle is getting his GTO ready for the trip. The kids and I joined Adam and Doyle for a test drive. Brynlee said 'super fast' when we pulled out of the driveway. Fletcher was having too much fun during the day to enjoy the ride, as he fell asleep on my shoulder. When we got back from our little drive, Adam got cleaned up and he and I headed uptown to the Albia Brewing Company for dinner and some drinks. It was nice to be able to go on a date without the kids.

Saturday morning, we were outside early. Fletcher went with the boys to Benton Place to fix a few issues, while Brynlee and I went for a walk around the block. The block only measured about a mile and a half, and my knee handled it well. When the boys got back, we attempted to fly a kite, but it just wasn't very windy to keep it in the air long. Lunch and naps soon followed because we had a birthday party for a great grandma to attend later.

Grandma Glo's party was held in the building across from the Methodist church, which allowed for plenty of room for the kids to run and play. It was potluck style, so after we all got there and had things set up, we went through the line and got our food. Everyone ate, chatted and enjoyed the time together. We got the cake ready for GG and she blew out the candles, she had a helper when it came to tasting the frosting. A few pictures with the grands and greats and then it was time to clean-up, dismantle and leave. 

Sunday brought more nice weather and some time outside before it was time to head for home. The kids and I walked over to my grandparents house for a little visit. My Uncle Joe and his wife were visiting too, so it was nice that we got to see them. It was a nice, long weekend catching up and hanging outside. If only the weather would cooperate and act like spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment