A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, July 21, 2014

March 2014

We had a lot of little and BIG things happen in March. We finished packing up our house in Nevada for our move to Albia. Since we weren't able to get into the new house, we stayed with Adam's parents for 6 weeks and had all of our stuff in storage in one of the buildings at the new place. 
Fletcher had his last day of school in Nevada and started his first day in Albia. He was so brave going to a new school. I was a wreck though. I hated how there was so little information from his new teachers. I think I was spoiled with the relationship that I had made with his former teachers, that I was looking for an I stand replacement. It never happened, but things did get better. He made lots of friends and he even had a girlfriend by the end of his first week there. 

The leprechaun showed up and left a mess in the bathroom and trail of gold outside. We also had Fletcher's spring break, which definitely did not feel like spring. 

We did a lot of back and forth with documents regarding both houses. We were making arrangements for other documents and files to get transferred from Nevada/Ames to Albia. Appointments were canceled and then made in Albia. I've moved before, but with a family, it is so much more nerve racking. It is definitely something I do not want to do anytime in the future. So, by the end of the month, we were residence of Albia and getting closer to taking possession of our new house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment