A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Sunday, July 19, 2015

2014, April-December


Many things, good and not so happy, have happened in our lives. Last updated was about a year ago, and I stopped because I didn't want to revisit the month of April, but here you have it. Finally. Thanks to a friendly Facebook nudge from a friend. 

April
We took possession of our new home on April 4th. It's everything I dreamed of and more. Not really, but it's a nice change that I was, and still am looking forward to making my own. 

Fletcher turned 5 years old. Please stop growing son. 
We got baby chicks and celebrated Easter at my parents' house with cousins.


My family lost someone who meant more than words can express. On the 28th, at about 7:40 in the morning, my niece Camryn, gained her angel wings. She was so brave and gave a good fight for over 3 years, but her little body was done fighting and she left us. She had the best smile. 


May
Fletcher went on his first 'real' hunting experience with my dad. They got this tom and Fletcher was so excited. 

Toward the end of the month, Fletcher her graduated from preschool. Apparently, he wants to be veterinarian when he gets older.  


On the 27th, Camryn's school had a blood drive fundraiser and tree dedication in her memory. 

June
Fletcher played his first team sport. He improved throughout the month, but still has a ways to go. 


Brynlee got her first little girl manicure. It lasted about a day before she picked all the polish off. 

The rest of the month was spent playing outside, tending to the chickens and the garden or just simply hanging out.

July 
Fletcher lost his first tooth. 

We celebrated 'Camryn's 3rd annual Christmas in July.' Because of the happenings a few months prior, this was the biggest it has been. My sister and Paul did interviews with numerous TV stations, and the event was made available to the public. There were so many donations, that they needed to rent a uhaul to transport them to the hospital. I'd say that was a good problem. So many kids, like Camryn, did or will benefit from such a great event. 

Both kids had swim lessons and did well. 


August
We hung out with cousins at the zoo. A favorite activity. 

Adam and I had LASIK eye surgery. We rocked our shades for a few days because of the sensitivity, but we are so, extremely happy with the results. I do miss my glasses on occasion though. 


Adam and I also worked at the state fair again. He worked the main grandstand concerts and I worked on one of the free stages that had many country acts perform. I got to meet a few of the performers- a perk of having the job. 



Fletcher started kindergarten. 


Brynlee started preschool, two days a week.  


We went on a family vacation to Kansas City. We visited Schlitterbahn waterpark and then stayed the night at a hotel, which was just as exciting to the kids as the waterpark. On our way back home, we detoured to Des Moines and caught and I cubs baseball game. 

September
Nothing too exciting happened this month. Just hung out, doing what needed to be done. 




October
Fletcher played soccer. He was actually pretty good at it, considering he's never seen or played it before. 


I worked at an apple orchard/pumpkin patch a few different weekends and one of the weekends I didn't work, we made a visit, along with grandma, cousins and aunt judy. 



We celebrated Halloween by carving pumpkins and trick or treating. 



November
We celebrated the Princess's 8th birthday. Only thing missing... 

December 
I celebrated my 35th birthday. I'm finally accepting that I'm 'thirty-something'. 

We decorated for Christmas, enjoyed some seasonal events and activities and celebrated Christmas with our families. 





And then, just like that, the year was over and we were looking forward to newer, happier things in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment