A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

St. Patty's Day Fun

Last week at preschool, fletcher learned about leprechauns and St Patrick's day. From the minute I picked him up from school on Thursday, all I heard was the leprechauns made a mess. The leprechauns are little green people. The leprechauns like gold.
Since he was so into it, I knew I had to play along with his leprechaun talk. One night as I was searching on Pinterest, I came across a pin if green water in the toilet and little green foot prints. I was going to recreate that. Not only did I do that, I also made a trail of rainbow bits {colored paper from a hole punch} and made a trail in the kitchen that led to a message from the leprechaun. He left a mess behind, but he was also generous enough to leave us some gold too {rolos}.
Fletcher's reaction to the toilet was priceless. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the initial facial expression. Brynlee doesn't get it, but she was sure interested in the gold, because it was candy.
We went to church and afterwards, we headed to Old Chicago so Adam and I could finish the St. Patty's day mini tour. We had a light lunch and then went home for naps before heading to my parents' house for the annual corn beef and cabbage dinner my mom makes. Since I didn't get a green beer at lunch, I decided that I needed to make my own. It made my day complete.
Dinner was good as always. The corned beef was so tender. The combination of cabbage, carrots and potatoes was also just like I remembered. The Irish soda bread I made was devoured. Another good meal by my mama. The kids played and showed off a bit and then it was time to leave so we'd be home for bedtime.
I'm a fan of holidays, and this one ranks in the top five of favorites. There's just something about dressing up in green that just makes my giddy. Until next year, "May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."












No comments:

Post a Comment