A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We have a 2 year old

On Monday, my sweet baby girl turned two years old. Time sure has flown by...I type that as she's being good right now.
She sure has taught us a lot. Like patience. And 'don't sweat the small stuff'. And how to survive a night with very little sleep. And how to kind of get sleep with a toddler in your bed, who's kicking and wide awake at 2am. Oh, and she's taught us patience. But really, we're still learning that one.
This kid is a handful, but a good handful. Aside from the naughty things she does, the good and funny outweigh all the bad. She is really tender hearted toward others, but she like to hit too. She loves 'tandy' and 'nacks'. She does not like fruits or vegetables. She loves to copy her big brother and always wants to play with him. Sometimes he's nice, sometimes he's not. She loves books and her babies and cooking up things in her kitchen. And she also enjoys dumping all the toys on the floor, which I do not enjoy. A current favorite is coloring...with markers and eating play-doh. She fights naptime and bedtime with every ounce of energy.
I know that as much as I want some of these battles to be over, I need to cherish the good and the not so good, because some day, I'll want it all back. All of it-the sleepless nights, the blue marker on the lazy-boy, the fights between her and her brother, trying to get her to eat something good and not another sucker. So, as her third year begins, I sit back and take in all of the good and bad and practice working on my patience. Here's to another year sweet girl.

1 comment: