A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, May 10, 2010

cement-1, fletcher-0

Most days, I try to get the kids outside so I can enjoy the weather. Last Tuesday, the weather was gorgeous, a bit breezy at times, but nice. I had Baby Trevor in the stroller and Fletcher was walking around the driveway, pushing his truck and picking up leaves. I wandered over to check out the flowers under the car port and I thought Fletcher was coming with me. I attempted to take his hand and help him down the step, but he didn't want to. I don't think he was sure about where I was going to take him. So, he stayed and I went to look at the flowers, as he watched me very closely. He turned to follow me as I went to check on Trevor, but his little feet stopped a few steps into moving. I peeked on the baby and looked over at Fletcher, just as he was trying to step down, off of the driveway. It was slow motion. I knew what was about to happen, but I couldn't get there in time to save him from what he was about to face, literally. Poor guy misjudged his step, landed flat on his face. The thud of his head hitting the cement block was enough for me, but I knew the damage to his face was going to make this momma tear up. I quickly picked him up, looked at him, and hurried inside to clean him up and to see the damage behind all the blood...I didn't forget Trevor, he was quite content in his carseat sitting in the garage, staring at the lights. As I tended to Fletcher, trying to wipe the blood from his face and hands, the damage wasn't as bad as I was expecting. His nose was scraped up pretty bad and he had a huge red spot on the middle of his forehead, hands were scraped a bit and he had a scratch on his leg. He only cried for a few minutes and he didn't seem to have a headache after. I did try to make everything better by giving him some jellybeans. Please don't mind the green goo running down his face, it was the only way I could capture his first war wound.
His nose was very red the rest of the day. Once the scrape dried and scabbed up, the redness went away. As of today, the red spot is gone and the scab is starting to fall off on its own. I really hope it doesn't scar...although scars are cool, just not when your one.

No comments:

Post a Comment