A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Sunday, July 20, 2014

February 2014

From the beginning of the month, I was testing out donut recipes and making valentines. I knew what I wanted Fletcher's valentines to be way back in November (thank you Pinterest), but I needed to plan ahead so he could write his name on all of them. The kid hates writing his name and it would have taken him all day to write it 20 times, so two valentines a day is what we did. Also, thanks to Pinterest, I had a basic 'donut' birthday party planned for Brynlee's #3, but I needed to figure out what flavors would go over best and I needed to use the pans and maker so I new how much batter to use. We ate a lot of donuts the first two weeks of February. 


The seven kinds of donuts, fruit and yogurt went over great. I thought I was going to be eating them for the next few months, but there were only a dozen or so left. A friend (farmgirl chaos) made the delish cupcakes with the mini red velvet do it as a topper. They were a favorite of the birthday girl. She had a wonderful turnout of family and friends to help her celebrate her birthday. 

The snow was finally wet enough to build a fort and a snowman. Before February, all the snowfalls were fluffy, powder-like snow. Brynlee actually enjoyed the snow this year and Fletcher finally got the point of a snowball. We had some good fights. 


This girl was officially potty trained the week after her birthday. Thanks to Nana, I didn't have to endure the pain of potty training again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment