A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, July 15, 2013

Berry Pickin'

A few weeks ago, my friend Angie and her daughter Payton came to town so we could go strawberry picking. I'm all about making memories for my kids, whether they remember or not, so I try to do fun things with them. Berry picking had been on my list for a few years, but it just never happened. Finally. 
The day was overcast and Angie and I had no clue what to expect. We were directed to our rows and started picking. Due to the few rainy days prior to our trip, I think we got some water logged strawberries. We definitely had to fumble through all the berries in order to find the good ones. The kids didn't really understand the good berry, bad berry talk, so we had our share of rotten and smashed berries. 
We had a pretty good time. I think the kids had fun and I know Angie and I had some sore legs the following day from all the bending and squatting down to pick. One thing I didn't think about when I was picking, was that I was going to have to clean all those strawberries I picked. I got it done though. Cleaned, cut, measured, bagged and froze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment