A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, March 4, 2013

Party Time

Brynlee's birthday party was held the Saturday after her birthday. I was debating themes to use, but I had plenty leftover items and decorations from Fletcher's Dr. Seuss party last year, that I went ahead and did it. There were many people who told me it was a bad idea, but I went a completely different route and made it hers.

The food was prepared with little frustration, because I let Sams club be my friend this year. The cupcakes and cookies were done by grandma foxy roxy. The decorations were put in place by guests who arrived more than 20 minutes early, because we always run late for party start time.

The birthday girl was in a wonderful mood because she got a good two hour nap in. Guests ate and chatted, amongst themselves. Soon, it was time for presents. Brynlee did such a good job opening. Probably the best two year old gift opener I've seen. She opened nicely, hugged the person who got her the gift and then went back for more. She really only clung to one gift when she opened it and it was a doll she had spotted a few weeks prior at my parents house. She made out well and is pretty close to being set for summer clothes.

Thing (1) and 2 cupcakes were a hit. So were the one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish cookies-my personal favorite. Brynlee blew out the candle like a champ...thanks to the practice we went through a couple nights that week. It's good to know hard work pays off. She enjoyed all the frosting. After everyone had cupcakes, cookies and ice cream, the party was pretty much over. Most everyone had somewhere to be, so there wasn't any of the usual help sticking around. I work better alone, really. Things got cleaned up and put back rather quickly and I was able to enjoy some my little pony playtime with my girl.

It was a good day. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate my girl and for those that 'helped' with something and took a little stress off my back. Only six more weeks and we'll be doing it again.









No comments:

Post a Comment