A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, November 26, 2012

Tis the season to be jolly

Christmas is not my favorite holiday, but it is the runner-up to Halloween. This year, due to Fletcher's decision to stay at grandma and grandpa's after Thanksgiving, I had some extra time on my hands since I was only corralling one child. And with extra time on your hands, one may decide to relax, but I knew there was no time for relaxing since Adam was going to be gone, so I decided to put up the Christmas tree. The one helper that I had was wonderful while I fluffed the tree, but when the ornaments came out, she was hands-on, which I really was against. I continually told her 'no touching' which her stubborn self ignored, which in turn ended her up in timeout...four times in 30 minutes. The end result is what I was kind of envisioning, but I think it's missing something. I can't pinpoint what is missing, but I'm sure I'll figure it out on December 26th. Oh, and this year there is a whole new color scheme going on because I knew with 'stubborn little girl' that my glass ornaments wouldn't make it to December if I put them on. So, I resorted to royal blue and silver, with a touch of turquoise and white. I just don't love it like I love my purple and charcoal with a touch of silver and white ornaments, which were obviously pre-babies. Anywho, the tree is up and most of the decorations are out. Just waiting for the husband to stay in town for a week so we can get the outdoor lights up. I'm ready for Christmas. Minus the whole shopping thing completed and gifts wrapped, but I'm 91.3% finished shopping. Thank you cyber Monday and toys r us coupon for getting me to that point today.
The End.









No comments:

Post a Comment