A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

a trip to CGO

Just a few short miles south of town, there is an orchard/pumpkin patch called Center Grove Orchard. This year, they had a season pass offer, which was 19.95 per person, 3yrs and older. I decided that since I'm not doing daycare anymore, that I needed to do more fun stuff with the kids and get out of the house more. This was a perfect opportunity for me to do just that, so I got a pass for Fletcher and myself.
Every time we go, the first thing we have to do when we arrive, head over to rope some cattle. Fletcher is all about cowboys and farms these days, so this is one of his favorite things to do. We come back to it at least three times while we are there.
They have tons of different activities in the farmyard. There are pigs, goats, chickens, horses and sheep to watch. The kids really love feeding the goats. Brynlee is such a fan. No fear at all.
They have the houses from the Three Little Pigs. Fletcher and Brynlee run from house to house pretending to get away from the Big Bad Wolf, a.k.a. ME.

The jumping pillow and corn pool are the two must-do things when we go. Some of the best smiles and laughs come from the adults as they jump or watch the faces of the littles they are with.

Adam and I have races on these tractors. More like timed laps, to see who can go faster around the track. The kids like to ride with us.
On the hayride heading to the pumpkin patch. After this ride, little boy always talks about 'going to the punkin patch.' it's usually brought up on a daily basis.
And no fall trip to the pumpkin patch would be complete without pumpkins. I just wanted the photos. I'm too cheap to pay for them there. I went the 3 for $11 route at Earl May.

Since our first trip to the patch, we've been at least five more times. The season passes really came in handy. I will definitely do the same again next year since we had so much fun on our little adventures. We still have a trip or two planned before they close for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment