A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Monday, April 23, 2012

braided spaghetti bread review

Remember last week I posted about trying a new recipe from pinterest?
I made it Friday night, altering a few details, but the final product was what I was aiming for.

I didn't have spaghetti noodles so I used fettucini noodles. I cut up turkey pepperonis instead of using ground Italian sausage and I used a tube I pillsbury's thin pizza dough instead of the white bread loaf dough.

I cooked the pasta, added the sauce an pepperonis and then spooned it down the middle of my rolled out pizza dough. I placed the cheese on top and then began cutting for the braid. I braided it, egg washed the top and sprinkled some garlic salt, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on top. Placed it in the oven and had a fine looking meal in 12 minutes.

The real test came from the husband. He took the first bite as I stared at him. He chewed. His eyebrows went up. And then words came out. 'It's not bad.' That means he liked it and he wouldn't be disappointed if I made it again. I too liked it. It does have a different texture to it, I think because you aren't used to eating spaghetti and cooked pizza dough together, but it was overcome within a few bites. I've already added it to my growing stack of recipe cards.

What are you waiting for? Put it on your meal plan this week and let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Sold. I'm making that! It looks DELICIOUS. I also love all things carb and spaghetti. I'm thinking it would be so so good with chicken alfredo in it too and even more unhealthy. Lets be pinterest friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your unhealthy suggestions. i love my carbs too...the more the better. let's be pinterest friends...i'm jackoj21...find me!

    ReplyDelete