A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3 in 1

A little update on Yo.

Last Wednesday, I had my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I was very careful to not eat too much sweets throughout the day, until my 3pm appointment. I did the pee in the cup, wait an hour, see the doctor, get your blood drawn thing and was told that I would receive a phone call by 5pm if I needed to come back some time for the 3 hour test. After leaving, I kept checking my phone to see the time and to make sure I hadn't missed a call. So, at 5:10 and not having gotten "the call," I declared it time to celebrate...with lots of sugar.

On Friday, I had a little scare. I noticed some spotting around 11, along with a stomach ache I'd had since waking at 5:00, and no movement from Yo. I was a bit freaked. I told Adam. I called the doctor's office to let them know what was going on and a nurse was going to call back. I waited over an hour. At that point, I wasn't comfortable with what was going on, so I called again, just to be told that the nurse wasn't back from lunch yet, and she would get to me shortly. THANKS lady....within 10 minutes, I got a call and the nurse told me to come in and get checked out. I got to the doctor's office and was seen rather quickly. My doctor wasn't there, so I saw a different one. She asked me some questions, felt around, did the "check", and then wanted to monitor baby's heart rate and to make sure I wasn't having contractions. That was a relaxing 40 minutes of hearing/seeing the heart rate and FINALLY feeling movement from her. After the hour and a half appointment and a "take it easy", I was sent off with a follow-up on Tuesday with my doctor.

At today's appointment, I waited FOREVER!!! Finally, after getting called back, I saw my doctor. Since she wasn't the one I saw on Friday, she asked me some questions regarding the pain I had and about the bleeding. She didn't really have much of an explanation for why it happened. She gave me a few possibilities, but, since the bleeding had stopped, the pain was gone and Yo's movement was back to normal...she told me to just monitor things and we would talk about it at my next appointment in 3 weeks. She did measure my belly (which is right on track) and listen to the heartbeat (150ish). It was a quick 10 minute meeting, considering the hour I waited to be seen.

Anyway, 3 baby appointments in 1 week were not how things were planned, but I'm glad that everything is ok. Fingers are crossed that nothing else pops up in the next few months and the remainder of this pregnancy is smooth sailing like it has been until last Friday. Also, today the nurse said I was 27 weeks and 1 day. According to those calculations, my due date has been moved up 3 days without me know. That doesn't really mean much because I'm sure Yo is going to take up residency as long as Dr. Lines will let her stay in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment