A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

simple addition


So, Fletcher has been keeping a secret for the last 12 weeks...He's gonna be a big brother! Currently, at 18 weeks, his 'little' is the size of a bell pepper and weighs about 7 ounces and is 5 1/2 inches long (crown to rump).
Adam and I have known for quite a while that we would be adding to our family. I found out the end of June and we kept it from most people until the last week or so. We've had a few doctor appointments, including the ultrasound, which was yesterday. We DID find out what baby is and.................you're just going to have to wait!

I've been feeling relatively good. I have days where I feel like I need to throw up, and days where I could sleep the whole day, but for the most part, this pregnancy has been good to me...nothing like I was with Fletcher. I think having a toddler to chase after daily and daycare baby to care for during the day is helping with my energy level and makes me get up off my butt.

At the second appointment, Adam got to hear the heartbeat for the first time (he was in Saudi Arabia working at the first appointment). During that last visit, Dr. Lines asked if we had any questions or if I had felt any movement. I thought I had, but wasn't sure if that was what I was actually feeling. She reassured me that with a second pregnancy, it was possible I was already feeling nudges from yo baby.

Back to the ultrasound...yesterday at the appointment we obviously got to hear and see yo baby's heartbeat and see its junk. All the measurements are good and was measuring at 18wks 4 days, which puts us about February 26, but we are going to stick with the original March 2 due date since it's not more than a 12 day difference. We got to see yo baby for about 45 minutes and got some pictures and a video to look at for the next 5 months. After the ultrasound, we went back to see Dr. Lines for the actual appointment for her to go over things with us. Once again, she told us to keep doing what we're doing and that she'll see us at our next appointment at the end of October.




and finally, the news:

Let me mention that baby girl was being very stubborn and not wanting us to see the goods. She was in the breech position, facing my back with her knees to her chest and ankles crossed for the majority of the time. The tech thought she knew, but wouldn't actually confirm until she got a good look. So, with about 5 minutes left of the ultrasound, she got the look we needed for confirmation.

So, the cat's out of the bag. No more hiding it from anyone...if you'd see me you would probably be able to tell anyway. As my grandmother said on Sunday, "your stomach is protruding." At least I got a good giggle out of it and there is a reason for the expanding waistline. Expect baby updates occasionally...at least that will give me something to post about instead of being MIA other than my Wordless Wednesday posts.

2 comments: