A Tale of 4 Micks

A Tale of 4 Micks

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not such a fun weekend

I was so excited to have nice weather and three days with my boys. I had plans, but some of them couldn't be accomplished because we didn't have the necessary things...fishing poles, babysitter for a few hours. Saturday I got up and ran to Des Moines to deposit my babysitting checks. I had to make a detour to Kohl's because I knew they were having good sales...I'm always in for a couple casual t's and I needed a new pair of casual khaki capris. I met my mom and Camryn to drop-off a few things of Camryn's, then headed back home. Adam's nephew was playing a soccer game in Nevada so we thought we would go watch. The Albia boys' soccer team made it to the state tournament...yippee! A friend of mine, who is getting married May 2011, is looking for a dress, so I ventured to Marshalltown with her to the bridal shop there. Needless to say, they were closed and we didn't have luck with that trip. When we got back, I found the boys napping and thought I'd do the same. Saturday evening was uneventful, but Sunday was looking good.
Sunday morning I woke up and felt like a Mac truck had hit me. I was congested, body ached, headache, sore throat. There goes my fun, eventful Sunday of plans. I just wanted to sleep. I attempted to eat breakfast, but nothing sounded good and I rested on the table before I made my way to the couch to take a short nap. Adam headed out to mow the lawn and Fletcher and I cuddled on the couch and I slept some more. Around 4pm I was finally beginning to feel better, thanks to the ibuprofen and two hour nap. We were suppose to go to a bbq, but most of the day I didn't think I was going to make it. I finally decided that if I got out, I would feel better; so we were off to Bondurant. It was nice to see our friends and to be outside of our house, but I was beginning to feel icky again. We stayed for about three hours and headed home. Bedtime for Fletcher had passed and I was pretty sure I could go to sleep again, even after ALL the sleep I had throughout the day.
Monday I woke up refreshed. Adam stayed in bed while I got up with Fletcher. I made a weeks worth of pancakes, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the dirty pots and pans and cleaned the counter...all which I had planned on doing Sunday. Adam got up and we all played for a bit, until Fletcher was ready to take his nap. While Fletcher was sleeping, I had that achy feeling again. Two hours later and feeling better, I decided we were going to go on a walk in Ames at Ada Hayden Heritage Park. It's a big trail about 3 miles in length. We walked the whole trail, minus the gravel nature trails. It was nice to spend the time with my boys, since the past few days didn't happen has I had hoped. We got home from our walk and Adam mentioned walking up to the Mexican restaurant in town. We did that around 5pm. Had a nice meal and headed home to relax for the remainder of the evening.
Today I'm still not feeling the best. I didn't sleep well last night because of this stupid cough I have. I really would like to take a nap, but having three kids on three different schedules isn't working with me today. I guess I'll just self medicate until this crud is gone. Hopefully the end of my week is better than the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment